Friday, May 2, 2014

Oh hey, it's been a while...Part 1.

Hello devoted whisked readers. I have returned...and oh, it feels so so good. In the past 2.5 months, I have been off adventuring, gathering materials to share...only to reach this point, a new post. 

Well, I will start off by saying that there are too many updates for one post. I also, in the midst of my adventuring, have not uploaded all of my pictures. SO, once I do thatttttt, I can finish up my updates with Part 2. 

So since my last post in February (ouch) I have had a few very key events happen...
(01) Chicago with Mom! (+Schwartz-side family time)
(02) Greensburg visit from Dad and Aunti Wen!
(03) Some dog sitting and puzzling
(04) My acceptance to Cal Poly/Return to California in July!!!

(01) Chicago is a wonderful city. Mom and I were blown away from the second we left the airport, seamlessly got onto the metro, and arrived in the heart of the city. Who knew a city with so many people could still be so friendly...especially when it was only about 20 degrees out. We stood on a frozen Lake Michigan, saw great shows (my cousin Maya did a great job on lighting!!), and ate WAY yummy food. We also saw some great art, like this guy!:

It was fantastic seeing my mom and family and spending a little time away from the 'burg. I miss the quickened pace and new faces; the noises and people watching. It was a new and exciting experience, one that I was so grateful to share with such an amazing woman.
'Bean' there...tourist picture.

SNL tribute...it was horrifying and awesome all at once.

Frozen lake and tailored skyline.

Did I mention that these were taken from the bathroom? Hope you're not afraid of heights (but if so, I guess I'm glad you're in the bathroom?)


(02) So this trip will have to mostly be in Part 2 (due to pictures). This trip was hilarious, fun, and often just weird. All I need to say is MT to any of the three of us and I think we'll just start laughing. I promise I will come back to this. 

In this short March visit we saw Oklahoma, bats, a lot of tumbleweeds (which sell for $12 a pop we learned), a lot of fried food, and my home of Greensburg. Dad always had to watch his speed of 30mph when we got into town and we learned that you can find a gluten-free and vegetarian meal in town. Well done, Greensburg. There were a lot of great and honest conversations with locals when we visited the Big Well, the Soda Fountain, and Freedom, OK (population: 200). I think the visit was educational and enjoyable for all...but having them in town meant a lot to me, and I was so excited to have them here.
The cows that were not too amused by Dad.

Just getting batty.

Past life.

So batty.

Great moment captured by Aunti Wen.

Our bat friend, Stellaluna!


(03)/(04) I did in fact dogwatch...

and I puzzle often. But, I am very excited to have a plan for after my term and head to the central coast of California to attend Cal Poly in September. I will be working on my Master's in City and Regional Planning. I don't think I would have gained enough experience or confidence to enter this program if it wasn't for my Greensburg experience...so I am very grateful for that. 

But, there is still a lot to do here, and I am so excited to finish up my term here strong. My term is up July 19th and there will be a lot of changes and work that will happen in that time. Keep an eye out for Part 2 coming to a computer/iPad/mobile device near you soon. 

Till then, lots of love,
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment